This is a handmade passive preamplifier enclosed in solid Maple wood and finished with a high gloss finish.
It is stained with Minwax Expresso 273 which looks totally different under different lighting conditions.
Most of the pictures were taking in the sun, but I also took one under florescent light. Big difference in color!
It is dark like Dark Walnut or even Mocha under florescent lights. …..
I tried my best to get its’ color as close as I could, but it’s tricky with cameras and lights as it changes….
Nonetheless it looks and sounds amazing!
- Burn-in is complete and it has been tested thoroughly.
- Two separate volume controls.
One for left channel and one for right channel.
- Handmade with point to point wires and soldered with an audiophile grade silver alloy solder.
- Very ‘airy’ ‘light’ sound. Tonally Neutral.
- Minimal effect on the sound basically transparent.
- As simple as any passive preamplifier could be.
- Measures 6 by 6 by 1 and 3/4 inches approximately.